The Life Experiences Behind Britney Spears Tattoos
There is just the right number of Britney Spears tattoos to appreciate and enjoy without getting bored. One thing is certain, most of her ink is a personal reflection to herself, her mood or what happen to be going on in her life at the time.
In 1999, this former Mouseketeer exploded like a pack of dynamite onto the music scene with her Baby One More Time debut album. Over the past decade, fans have watched Spears have some incredibly highs and dramatic lows and through it all, the collection of Britney Spears tattoos has grown.
It is safe to say that not many other celebrities have been in the tabloids as much as Spears. Could this be because the paparazzi sees so much potential in her and wants her to snap out of her downward spiral or is it because they really just want to see what new Britney Spears tattoos will emerge next on this misunderstood girl?
Britney Spears Tattoos
• Fairy Tattoo– Spears shows off a pretty winged fairy on her lower back. This is one of her older pieces and it is suggested that it is meant to symbolize youthful innocence or to retain the wonder and awe of a child. Since she never really had the chance to have a childhood, this fairy could be helping her to hold onto her inner youth.
• Butterfly Tattoo – Interestingly, there is a second winged piece in the collection of Britney Spears tattoos. The butterfly worn on her left foot symbolizes growth and change through transformation. There are very few people that wear more than one set of wings but this shows an attraction to either magic or an element of escape.
• Flower and Symbol – Spears has a Chinese symbol that means mystery in a flower on her lower stomach. This tattoo expresses a desire to keep some of her life private even though it’s nearly impossible for her to do.
• Daisy – There is a very small daisy on the list of Britney Spears tattoos worn on her right foot. Interestingly, daisies are also symbols of child-like purity and innocence.
• Hebrew Characters – This tattoo on the back of her neck shows her looking for spiritual comfort in the middle of all the chaos constantly surrounding her. The characters mean Mem Hey Shin which is one of the Kabbala words that means God and healing.
• Pink Dice – The collection of Britney Spears tattoos grew when she married Keven Federline. The pink dice match the blue ones that are worn by her then-husband. She wears this piece on her wrist symbolizing her commitment to take a chance with love and family but ironically dice can also represent eventual ruin.
• Star Tattoo– Spears wears a very small star with five points on her right hand that symbolizes balance and protection. This was added before her big breakdown and it is suggested that because the star is on her hand, she needed to be reminded of hope and truth frequently.
• Lips – Since a kiss is the ultimate symbol of love, Spears was attempting to love herself in the middle of her crisis. She wears these pink and red lips on her wrist, again a tattoo that she can constantly see and receive reassurance from.
• Cross Tattoo – Shortly after she shaved her head, creating a fresh start and shedding the weight of her burdens, a white, black and pink cross was added to the collection of Britney Spears tattoos. She wears this piece on her hip and it represents a comfort she was searching for in a spiritual place.